- January 2008 - Terrorist attack against Rampur CRPF camp - 8 dead
- May 13, 2008 - Serial blasts in Jaipur, Rajasthan - 68 dead
- July 25, 2008 - Serial blasts in Bangalore, Karnataka - 1 dead
- July 26, 2008 - Serial blasts in Ahmedabad, Gujarat - 57 dead
- September 13, 2008 - Serial blasts in New Delhi - 26 dead
- September 27, 2008 - Serial blasts in New Delhi - 3 dead
- September 29, 2008 - Blast in Modassa, Gujarat - 1 dead
- September 29, 2008 - Blast in Malegaon, Maharashtra - 5 dead
- October 21, 2008 - Blast in Imphal, Manipur - 17 dead
- October 30, 2008 - Serial blasts in Assam - 77 dead
- November 26, 2008 - Terrorists open fire at public in Mumbai - ~200 dead so far (many critical as on date)
And the value of 463 lives (in 2008)? Absolutely nothing!
Apart from making the general statement of blaming ISI & Pakistan & Jehadis for the blast, our leaders did nothing! Now I hear that we had intelligence information about this shoot-out from the fishermen folks after their boat was hijacked - and what did our police/intelligence do? NOTHING.
In the past years, we saw terrorist aggression in many other countries and what makes them different from us? Other chose to ACT upon information and thus prevented many more to come. People, parties, leadership & the intelligence stood together for their country.
And us? The latest I hear that the DCP denied that there was any prior information about the Mumbai attack & the fishermen is making up stories. And I can guess how easy it is to wipe out a complaint from the books if there is a political reason to do so. We have seen cases like 'Abhaya murder' case go on without the culprits being punished for 16 years - reasons are political.
I dont have many choices at the ballot box - It is like chosing between the devil & the sea. But I hear there is a section in our constitution that talks about null votes - which means the voter can decide that none of the candidates are fit to be chosen.
Additionally a provision should be made to ensure that a percent cut-off like 5-10% of null votes means that re-election needs to be conducted and the cost of such a re-election should be recovered from the present candidates because they denied the opportunity for a qualified one.
I don't know - It is my frustration talking...