© Santosh Subramanian – Some rights reserved - Under Creative Commons

Monday, February 23, 2009

Thakara (തകര)

A word, A statement, A comment - When used in a wrong fashion, that can ruin your day, sometimes even a week.

That is what happened with me today. When you give all that you have got for a genuine cause, when you go beyond R&R in running that extra mile for your team, the last thing that you want to see is mistrust, skepticism and doubts on integrity. It just put me off today - first thing on the first day of the week.

I always believe that when it comes to knowledge, the more you share, the more you get. Same applies to teamwork and networking. What really matters is what you are giving to the team/network. When you do that, leverage will happen & will just come in search of you. You dont even have to ask... And I can vouch for it from my own experience... anyways...

Thank you 'X'! You proved it once again! And it is a shame.

Note: The heading (തകര) is a type of weed. It is a symbolism that I use for such instances in life.

6 comments:

Dhanya said...

You shouldn't allow others to ruin your day. It's always the way we react that determines our mood. So forget it n cheer up :)

Anonymous said...

These things happen.. You can't fix everyone...
Cheer Up... :)

Santosh said...

@Dhanya;
Thank you! Yeah, but sometimes when it gets beyond skin deep, it becomes a real pain and you can't take it anymore... I guess the real character of people comes out when the going gets tough... (I am not surprised)

But as you said, life is all about the choices we make... Thank you for supporting me!

@Sini;
Thank you.
True, but atleast I can be glad that I tried :)... I wrote this down in the spurt of a moment, but yeah - I have bounced back to my normal self... LOL:)

Thank you for supporting me!

Bindhu Unny said...

Such days happen once in a while. We can't control others' behaviour.
Btw, 'thakara' is not a weed exactly. It's quite nutritious. I miss the 'thakara thoran' after monsoons. :-)

Anonymous said...

The first thing which comes to one's mind in such situations is "Why me?"...It does give a big jolt for a moment and then you realize life has to move on...It actually acts as a spring, gives you the necessary thrust to fight back and prove the worth (of course if a larger thing is at stake)...But if the person who does such things (or makes such questionable remarks) is renowned for talking such things, its not worth barking back at a dog!

btw, your comment on real character of people at tougher times, reminds me of something called DISC profile of a person in HR. Not sure whether you have read it, if you haven't just google for it and check out your primary and secondary DISC profile :)

~chaos

Santosh said...

@Bindhu;

Thank you. Yeah, I am over it now :) I have heard about thakara thoran, but hadn't been lucky to taste it before...

I used the word 'weed' because I tried many other words like plant/shrub/herb/grass.... nothing seemed to fit the bill :(
What else do I call it!!??


@chaos;

Thank you for finding time to stop by.

Well, let me not talk about the person & the characteristics.

I had undergone the DISC profiling in one of the leadership workshops in my organization and I think that is primarily based on how you respond & interact with your environment in your day to day life. Your primary & secondary natures. But during tough times, when the going get tougher, that is when I feel the values you uphold & principles you subscribe to in life is really put to test.

It is interesting to see how many people walk the talk!